Now for the new dining room chandelier. It is not installed yet but I have it hanging from a plant hook so you can see the results. I found this large chandelier on Craigslist, a little country for my taste with shiny brass and porcelain, but tons of potential.
It is obvious that I am new to blogging because I forgot to take a before photo. Here it is with a coat of primer on it. The cups and bulbous parts of the base are porcelain and the rest is brass. This thing is heavy!
I decided to go with a flat black to give it a wrought iron look. I may touch it up with just a touch of antique gold to make it work with the existing medallion. For now it is just black until I decide.
|This is the existing ceiling medallion.|
|Here it is before adding all the bling.|
After priming it, I painted it with a foam sponge....messy job. Then I added the shades, recovered in some upholstery fabric that was previously curtains, and then some antique chandelier crystals I won on eBay.
|Of course, you've got to get dirty sometimes.|