Monday, June 23, 2014

Second Skin dress

2nd dress: Second skin. That it what it fits like, a second skin. It is fitted perfectly because it is a stretch denim type. I've never worn it because it just seemed to leave nothing to the imagination or I just felt too fat for it.

But I really love the dress and it feels awesome to fit so well. I clearly have to much butt for it. 


I never thought I'd say this but this dress makes me want wrinkles....in the dress that is.



So when I was trying to decide on a lace overlay or not - seems like too much with the embroidered effect at the bottom - I noticed a few wrinkles and started to play with it. I like the idea of adding some rusching like darts through the entire bodice and hips of the dress. What do you think?



 It also shortens it without bothering the embroidery at the bottom and without having to reconstruction the bodice to remove length there. I might would have to sew up the back slit a little. Any thoughts on the rusching?

Or do I leave it smooth and just add some lace down each side ad maybe some trim under the bustline like an empire-waist? Like this one that I pinned on my Pinterest Board.  Thoughts?
 Add lace to the sides of a plain dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment