I've been doing some closet cleaning to switch out the seasonal clothes....turns out that most of the daughter's clothes can be worn with a shirt underneath and cross seasons. So as I am getting myself pulled together on my project list, I'm just sharing some past items I've sewn. Here was a fairly easy outfit, she calls it her clownsuit.
The bottom edge of the top is a rolled hem using the serger.
The black fabric is a linen with embroidery on it. It was a piece that I had left over from another project. I used a rolled hem on the apron too.
The back is pieces of elastic inside thin channels sewn into the strip of fabric. Those straps are from a belt that I picked up at the thriftstore. Once I realized that I could use those for dress straps, I grabbed as many as I could. I still see them a lot but have forced myself to stop buying until I use up my stash.
The pants just have a rolled edge hem from the serger. Actually, except for that elasticized back and attaching the straps and a topstitch on the front, I believe I used the serger exclusively
So yes this was a cheaterpants post, but she likes it!