Saturday, September 22, 2012

Revamped Chandelier

I've been on a chandelier kick lately.  And from looking at Pinterest, so has everyone else.  It all started a couple of years ago when I got so sick of looking at my builders grade light fixture over the table.  I don't have a picture, but it was your typical shiny brass and it looked very cheap.  So I kept an eye on Craigslist for a cheap or free fixture.  I found this one for $10 and the husband installed it.  It was still shiny brass but it was much prettier.  Then I came across a ceiling medallion.  After painting the medallion antique gold, I begged the husband to take the light down to install the medallion, not realizing that the light fixture was to hold up the medallion.  Then knowing he would kill me if I asked him to take the light down again, I painted the fixture while it still hung.  Here it is:




I found a simple chandelier on Craigslist, shiny brass again, but otherwise perfect for my baywindow area in the kitchen.  I previously had a stained glass shade hanging there.  I spraypainted it with a primer first and then with an hammered bronze.  After having it installed, (Thank you hubby), I noticed that although I gave it a few coats, I could still see primer.  Alot!  Look at all that grey!  It really is covered but when the light hits it a certain way, you see right through it.






So then I used a foam brush to paint it again while it hung with the same antique gold I used on the dining room light.  Then I added some antique crystal chandelier prisms that I scored on eBay.

Big improvement, huh?








Ta Da!




LOVE IT!!!!


This one that is in my kitchen looks so nice that it outshines the one in my dining room, which I think should look even more glorious, so......that will be coming soon.  I have the new chandelier, I just have to glorify it.


No comments:

Post a Comment